Monday, January 28, 2013

Cross Stitched Creeper

I know, its not really sewing, but I told you I had lots of hobbies.  I would have twenty different blogs if I stayed strictly to my topics.  I just finished this creeper cross stitch and posted it for sale in my Etsy shop.

He's kinda cute.  I have to admit, I have never played Minecraft, but I have watched my daughter, cousins and brothers play for lots of hours.  It is really cool.  I have also watched youtube videos of people playing.  I am a gamer, but this game just hasn't gotten its hooks into me yet.
 

I used this print out to come up with my pattern.  I chose six colors: black, ecru, greenish grey, and three shades of green, and just kind of free hand filled it in.  It turned out pretty good.

Here it is in its card stock frame I made for it.  The back is more exciting:
 


This creeper is my second try, I have to admit.  The first try didn't go so well, and I haven't finished it.
 
 
I just took out some scrap hankie weight linen and started trying to match the printout.  I used too many colors, the stitches were too small and too tight. When its done it will be a little over an inch tall.  I think I will make it into a pendant for a necklace.
 
Each color is pretty much just one stitch so the back looks kinda like a rug.

This is my first cross stitch I ever finished.  I made it about a month ago.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment