Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baby Blue Corduroy Embroidery Kit Clutch

 

I loved making the embroidery tool pouch yesterday, and I think it will serve my purposes just fine, but I kept thinking all night last night about how I could make it better and cuter.  I just couldn't let it go, so today I went back to the craft room and tried again. I wanted to make it smaller, and more secure, a one handed grab and go clutch.

This is my first idea sketch.
 
I drew it out putting in measurements that I estimated and then calculated with seam allowances and hem allowances.  I even wrote out the order of the steps in the sewing process. Yes, that is my horrible handwriting.  Don't worry if you can't read it. No one can read it but me.
 
I made pattern pieces because I wanted to make the curves and corners precise. I used my new drafting ruler, which I love.

This is how the first one turned out.  I have it posted on Etsy for sale, but I have a pattern so I can whip up as many more as I would like.  It turned out pretty well.

The next one will have shorter pockets so that they don't reach right up to the edge of the clutch and the marker and ruler don't disappear inside their slots, but otherwise it worked just great.

Here it is with all of the supplies taken out of the pockets.


My favorite part was making this expandable pocket for the round things like a thread spool and thimble. The button flap is longer so I can cram this pocket full if I want.
 
If you like this, check it out on Etsy at this link:
 
Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment